Asparagus and Cheddar Quiche
I am huge fan of breakfast for dinner, and believe it or not I have never made quiche. I had some fresh asparagus that I needed to use, and this was the perfect recipe. The flavor was delicious, and made amazing leftovers for breakfast!
1 prepared pie shell (unbaked)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon butter
1 yellow onion, finely chopped
1 pound asparagus, cooked and chopped
1 1/2 cups shredded sharp cheddar
5 large eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1. Preheat the oven to 375 F.
2. Steam asparagus for 3-4 minutes until tender. Asparagus should not be too soft since it will cook in the oven.
3. Place your crust in a pie dish and brush the inside of the pie shell with Dijon mustard.
4. Melt butter in skillet and add the chopped onion. Cook until onion is softened but not browned.
5. Add chopped asparagus to skillet and mix well.
6. Scoop asparagus mix into the pie shell, then sprinkle with the cheddar cheese.
7. Whisk eggs in a medium bowl with salt and garlic powder, add milk and whisk till combined.
8. Pour egg mixture into pie shell.
9. Bake 40 minutes, remove and let sit for 10 minutes.