Cast-Iron Beer Chicken
As the whole world is going through this pandemic- COVID- 19 or better known as the corona virus, I felt inspired to cook with Corona. This was super easy to make, and the perfect recipe for when you are home and have time to cook.
· 8 chicken thighs (I used boneless/skinless for a healthier option)
· 2 bottles of Corona (used light for less calories)
· 2 Tbsp honey
· 2 Tbsp Dijon mustard
· 2 Tbsp flour
· 8 cloves of garlic, minced
· Salt and pepper for seasoning
· Parsley for topping
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees
2. In a cast iron skillet (or baking dish) add your beer, honey, mustard, flour and garlic.
3. Whisk until smooth.
4. Season your chicken with salt and pepper on both sides, and place in skillet.
5. Leave chicken in the liquid for 30 minutes, the longer the better.
6. Place the skillet in the oven and cook for 45 minutes.
7. Remove from oven, and flip the chicken over and cook for another 45 minutes.
8. Remove from the oven, and sprinkle with parsley.
9. Serve with brown rice, cauliflower rice or your favorite side dish!
Note- Depending on the beer you use, you may have a lot of extra liquid- that’s OK!