Cast Iron Blackened Shrimp and Asparagus
We just got new cast iron skillets... and I am in love. They cook everything perfectly, and keeps the food warm while we eat! This was such an easy and quick recipe, and also low carb!
· 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
· 1 tablespoon chili powder
· 1 tablespoon paprika
· 2 teaspoons onion powder
· 2 teaspoons cumin
· 1 teaspoon garlic powder
· 1 teaspoon salt
· 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
· 1 tablespoon butter
· 1 bunch of asparagus rinsed and trimmed
· 1/2 cup vegetable stock
1. In a large bowl add shrimp and all the seasonings, coat well and set aside.
2. In your skillet add 1 tablespoon of oil, warm for 3-5 minutes.
3. Once oil is warmed place shrimp in skillet and sauté each side for -3-4 minutes. Once cooked through, remove from heat.
4. While shrimp is cooking, steam your asparagus and set aside.
5. In the same skillet- add tablespoon of oil, butter and vegetable stock and bring to a simmer.
6. Add your asparagus to the skillet and mix till coated.
7. Reduce heat and let sit for 5 minutes on low heat.
8. Add shrimp and enjoy!
Cast Iron Skillet- https://www.pamperedchef.com/pws/dianedeegan/shop/Cookware/Cast+Iron/Cast+Iron+Skillet+Set/100229