Chamomile French Toast with Honey Lemon Drizzle.
· 1.5 Cups Heavy Cream
· 4 Chamomile tea bags
· 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
· 1 tablespoon lemon juice
· 1/2 cup honey plus an additional 1 tablespoon of honey
· 1.5 cups milk
· 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
· 8 large eggs
· 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
· 8 slices of 1 inch thick bread
· Mixed berries (I used raspberries, blueberries and blackberries)
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees.
2. Combine the cream and tea bags in a small pan. Bring to a simmer them immediately take off from the heat.
3. Let cool, and remove the tea bags after 15 minutes
a. My tea bags had strings; I did remove them so the bags could soak more
4. Whisk the lemon zest, lemon juice and ½ cup of honey in a small bow. Set aside.
5. In another bowl whist the chamomile cream, milk, vanilla, eggs and 1 tablespoon of honey. Whisk till well combined.
6. Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add 1 tablespoon of butter and let it melt.
7. Place 2 slices of bread in the cream mixture and lets soak for about 30 seconds.
8. Add the soaked bread to the pan and cook about 3 minutes per side, or until golden brown.
9. Add the finished slice to the oven while you cook the rest of the bread.
10. Repeat steps 6-9 until all bread is used.
11. Top the French toast with berries and your honey drizzle!