I am a huge biscotti fan, but have never made it before. I have heard that it was hard to make, so I have to admit I was doubtful it would turn out. Since I have plenty of time now at home, I figured why not try... and I had the best recipe. I am a sucker for anything funfetti, so I knew that had to be my first kind. They were amazing, and I cannot wait to try them again!
· 3.5 cups all-purpose flour
· 1 teaspoon baking powder
· ¼ teaspoon salt
· 1 cup coconut oil, melted
· 3 large eggs
· 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
· ¼ cup sprinkles
· Sea salt for topping
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
2. Whisk the flour, baking powder and salt in a bowl- set aside.
3. In a separate bowl- whisk coconut oil and sugar.
4. Whisk eggs in one at a time, then add vanilla.
5. Stir the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients.
6. Fold in the sprinkles.
7. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper, and split the dough in half.
8. Form each half into a long rectangle (4 inches wide) Make sure to leave space- they will spread.
9. Sprinkle top with sprinkles and a dash of salt- bake for 25 minutes.
Remove from the oven and reduce the temperature to 250.Cut the logs with a serrated knife (1 inch thick)
10. Flip them on their sides and bake for an additional 20 minutes.