Healthy Chicken "Fried Rice"
As you all know I used to have a cooking blog in college, and I went into the blog this past week and looked at all my recipes. I decided I was going to "recreate" as many of the recipes as I can. The biggest change will be making them as healthy as possible. The very first recipe I made was chicken stir fry, and to this day it is one of my favorite recipes. I try to limit my carbs, so I have become OBSESSED with cauliflower rice especially in dishes like this. Let me know your favorite cauliflower rice recipes, and if you have any suggestions!
· 1 bag of frozen riced steamable cauliflower
· 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
· 1 small white onion- diced
· 1.5 cups of frozen mixed peas and carrots
· 3 cloves of minced garlic
· 2 eggs
· 1 lb. chicken cut into bite size pieces
· ¼ cup low sodium soy sauce
1. Cook the cauliflower in the microwave- according to the directions and set aside.
2. In a large pan add the sesame oil and onion- cook on medium low until translucent (4-5 minutes)
3. Add the frozen peas, carrots and garlic- cook for 3-4 minutes until veggies are soft.
4. Add the 2 eggs and mix until eggs are cooked.
5. Remove the veggies and add the chicken to the pan- sauté till cooked through.
6. Add the veggies back to the pan, and add the cooked cauliflower and soy sauce.
7. Mix well, and let simmer for 5-10 minutes.
Serves- 4 cups
Prep- 20 minutes
Cook time- 20 minutes