Spinach, Pineapple and Strawberry Salad.
It's February- but today definitely felt like spring, and I had off which allows for some more creativity. I thought my first recipe post should be something quick, and healthy so here we are! This makes a great side dish, or if you want more substance add some grilled chicken. BONUS- this is great left over.
· 1 cups of strawberries- hulled and halved
· 3 Tbsp. white wine vinegar
· 2 Tsp. cane sugar
· 1 Tsp. Dijon mustard
· 1 Tsp. poppy seeds\
· 1 whole pineapple (1.5-2cups) sliced
· 2 cups of strawberries- hulled and halved
· 6 oz. baby spinach
· 1 cup frozen edamame (cooked according to direction)
· ¼ cup chives
· ¼ cup toasted almonds
1. For the dressing- In a food processer or blender combine 1 cup of strawberries, vinegar, sugar and mustard. Process until smooth and stir in poppy seeds.
2. Grill the pineapple slices- 3-4 minutes on each side or until grill marks are visible. Then cut into bite size pieces
3. In a large bowl combine the remaining strawberries, pineapple, spinach, edamame and chives.
4. Drizzle with dressing and top with almonds.
Serves- 10 cups
Prep- 20 minutes
Products used- Pampered Chef quick slice