Taco Chicken Stuffed Jalepenos
I had an empowerment event this weekend, and needless to say I had zero time. I was looking for quick and easy recipes that were also healthy. This proved harder than I thought. Then I though of this, and it was super quick, easy and delicious. Let me know if you have tried these!
1 pound of ground chicken
· 1 small onion- diced
· ½ package of low sodium taco seasoning
· 4 oz Greek yogurt
· 1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
· 10 Jalapeños- halved and seeded
1. Pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees
2. Cook the onions for 5 minutes- until translucent
3. Add the ground chicken- and cook till browned.
4. Remove from heat- add the taco seasoning and Greek yogurt to the ground meat and mix well.
5. Place the halved jalapeños in a large cast iron skillet.
6. Top the jalapeños with the meat mixture.
7. Top each pepper with cheese.
8. Bake for 15 minutes- then turn oven to high broil
9. Broil the peppers for 2-4 minutes until the cheese is browned